MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS PHYSICAL HEALTH FIRST AID.
Book for 3rd/4th February here!
In partnership with Art4Space and supported by Studio Moross, the mental health awareness and training company It’s a Playground will be facilitating the internationally recognised Mental Health First Aid (England) course in Lambeth, London.
This two-day course will be held in the unique, colourful space just 6 minutes from Stockwell Tube Station and will be hosted by Art4Space who will be adding in some of their own wellbeing tips and exercises to help support your wellbeing.
The two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
What to expect:
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Cost and takeaways:
The certified course is valued by MHFA (England) as £300 which includes:
- Light refreshments throughout the course (provided by Art4Space).
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- An ‘It’s a Playground’ tote bag to help you “bag it not bin it” containing some goodies which will also help raise awareness for the importance of looking after our health (mental, physical and social).
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE LAMBETH GP ACCESS HUBS?
Lambeth's GP Federation have received funding to provide extended opening times at four selected GP Access Hubs. These Hubs are located in Vauxhall, Oval, Streatham, and Brixton.
Appointments are offered seven days a week from 12pm to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm weekends and bank holidays.
Please pick up a leaflet from our Reception desk or speak to a member of staff to find out more.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST
Have your say about the care or treatment that you receive from the practice. Please fill out a short questionnaire which you can do on-line by clicking on the Friends and Family Test link showing in the list on the right hand side of this page or you can ask a member of staff for the questionnaire in paper format the next time you are at the surgery.
You can give feedback about your experience, good or bad. The friends and family test is open to all patients.
Put us to the test by telling us what you think. Tell us what is working and what you think could be improved.